Sunday, January 31, 2010

I eat therefore I bake: A confession

Yup, I admit it... I am a baker. Though I consciously limit myself to below 'housewife' levels. My rate of baking exponetially increases in the winter due to my belief that there is no better remedy to the winter blues than an oven-warmed house with baked goods to help one achieve a state of butter-induced coma. Here's two recent products of the winter's cold:

Shitake Mushroom Gratin

I've made this before at a friend's dorm, with a lack of proper utensils, and wanted to see how it should normally taste, so I decided to try the recipe again on my own. There was a noticeably positive difference in taste, but eating it with friends more than made up for its lack of flavour the first time around.

The more burnt the top layer is, the better

Whole cream goodness

Yesterday night, I couldn't get the Cookie Monster and his "Om nom nom" tagline out of my mind; I blame too much recent talk of 'eating out', Sesame Street, and Avenue Q . So I set out bake the chubbiest, chewiest chocolate chip cookies known to man. Okay, my cookies aren't that chubby, but they're fat enough in a gay-context.

Look at those fat things, disgusting

You know what else is disgusting? Half of them are gone already...

Ahfew signing out, om nom nom nom...

2 comments:

  1. my comment to the first picture: ew

    ReplyDelete
  2. omnomnomnom indeed! (: looks delish! oh my dear, we should cook together someday!

    ReplyDelete