Saturday, January 9, 2010

AGO-a-GO-GO: a photo-essay in stealth

Last year, on the 29th of January a close friend of mine treated me to a day at the AGO in hopes of seeing the King Tut exhibition together. Sadly, the line-ups were till 5:30pm (we arrived at 12:30pm) so we decided to instead, peruse the main galleries in the hopes of passing a few hours before we were to have dinner. Sadly, the AGO does not allow photography (flash or no flash) of any of its collections (technically OUR collections, which I emphasized to my friend on various occasions throughout the night) but when has a security guard telling me what not to do stopped me before? I only got caught once, and it was my own fault for trying to take a picture of my friend with Jesus...  Here's a bit of what caught my eye at the AGO!


Once again, I can find my reflection anywhere



Look at that crazy Jebus!

Heart of a gay man; I swear this is a carving of a gay sex orgy

You need steady hands to shoot in such low level lighting conditions.


There is a really perverted-looking guy in the left-hand corner of this painting. Besides his perverted-looking face he has his foot up a lady's dress...

Jellyfish fields anyone?

*Insert racist Chinese lack-of-basic-manners/common-sense joke*

I had no one to take up their suggestion with :(

Ironically, I asked a security guard to take this picture for us; (Disregarding the holding hands comment) No one can deny me!

"Kiss"

Zoom-zoom-zoom...

Life imitating art...?

I like feminine curves... more than I should.

Design rivals: Gehry vs. Alsop

Puttin' up the Ritz

American Psycho-esque

"Yo, where's my kosher BBQ Pork, man?"

"... that they're being screwed"

Serpentine-deliciousness, a feast for the architecture-fanboy's senses

Anubis-lover (He's too tall for you woman!)

No "Moore"

No comments:

Post a Comment