Sunday, September 20, 2009

TIFFific: a tale of two actors...

a.k.a lisa kudrow is a b*@tch

Before I start, I would like to thank princesadi for taking me to my first ever Toronto International Film Festival premiere on Wednesday night. It was an amazing adventure, and even though I didn't spend enough time with her and spent more time with her boyfriend than she did, I thoroughly enjoyed it. She also waited in the lineup to get into Roy Thompson Hall, while her boyfriend and I waited near the red carpet area for our muse. I swear, I got so much entertainment out of it... that I will try and relay below:


I've never really had any sort of obsession towards Hollywood stars, but always made an exception for one: Natalie Hershlag. Otherwise know by her Grandmother's surname Portman, I've been hopelessly attracted to Natalie (first name basis), for her mind, beauty and most of all... loving her in most of her movies such as The Professional, Garden State, V for Vendetta, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium etc. (as you can see I could go on forever). Ms. Portman even made the new star wars trilogy somewhat more bearable...*drool scifi fanboy loves padme amidala, and her sleek-looking ship*

Anyways, I might be overstating my love affair with/over her a tad bit. Sure I may have purchased a ticket to see her new movie's (Love and other Impossible Pursuits) world premiere, lined up to see her 2hrs before her intended arrival, and fantasized of letting her adorn one of my messenger bags with her name while I made small talk with her, BUT what might set me a part from normal fans is that I suffered long and hard through having to see Lisa Kudrow share the red carpet and silver screen with her. Let me repeat for added emphasis, long and hard.

It may be surprising to some, but I've never been much of a Friends fan. I guess its not really my kind of humour (its not excentric enough). But sacrifices must be made, especially for the sake of getting a glimpse of Natalie Portman. Let me tell you all, I do not hold any grudge towards Lisa Kudrow, but after she arrived at the red carpet, she quickly darted into the media/press area and did not even greet her fans or sign one signature for her orgasmic fans, whom alternated between calling for "LISA!!" and screaming for "Phoebe!!". All attempts were futile as she responded to neither. b*@tch ...

Lisa Kudrow's performance was lacklustre as well, seeing as that every scene she was in and every line she read came off as sarcastic and interpreted by the audience as an uber-funny Friend's episode, regardless of how heartbreaking and emotional Natalie made it... the audience laughed through a lot of the serious contemplative scenes. All because of Lisa... all because of Lisa.

NATALIE, on the other hand, after she decended from her black Cadillac SUV went directly to her screaming fanbase (way bigger than Lisa's by the way) and signed papers, shook hands, and took pictures. Sadly, where the SUV let her off was NOT the spot where the security guard dealing with this event told me to stand, but rather 20ft away and I never got to make small talk, seduce, or get a signature from my Natalie Portman. My bag feels so unfulfilled now *matthew sad*. I couldn't fight my way through and neither could my friend's huge/ripped boyfriend :(

Speaking of huge, ripped boyfriends... the photos taken during TIFF were all done by princesadi's boyfriend. Sadly, his huge hands and muscled arms could not get any clear pictures of the scene. I saw how he was shaking but I didn't want to say anything because it was his camera... I was going to ask if I could help him take the pictures but, I didn't want to take away any of his masculinity =P It also may have been because he was just soooo nervous in meeting one of his favourite actors as well (our dearest Natalie). Can't blame him, but that means there are no pictures for this blog from him or me. My excuse is that my brother left my camera at his friends house (its still there!) and my cellphone takes crap photos at night (and day). Anyways, here are some flickr pictures that help satsify the mad stalking fan in all of us...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26230969@N08/3927896106/ --> Natalie's GORGEOUS dress
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwjensen/3927268847/ --------> Portman's pwnage face! (take that paris hilton, lindsay lohan,... lisa kudrow)

Anyways, I hope to blog more frequently about smaller things... with less to say. Hopefully then people don't need to skim through my blog entries hahaha. Till the next blog, Adieu!


6 comments:

  1. Only about the fest!!! I was expecting more since you were behind by 2 BLOGS. tsk tsk. =P Well I'm glad that you enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great acceptance speech in the first paragraph. And yes I take full credit for all fun (but not non-fun) you had. To my dismay I spent 10min sending photos to you, of which you posted none.
    I get it, I didn't have a professional camera.
    Humph**
    p.s. Kudrow is a b**ch, and Nat shes an angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous Matthew. JEALOUS! And Leon the Professional is such an awesome film, I loved Natalie after that too, even if she was only 13 in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie Portman loves her Lanvin. And that second photo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. matt you don't look stand out when u r there!

    there, ur demanded comment =P

    ReplyDelete