Tuesday, September 29, 2009

case in point entry for my blog name...

Are all girls bisexual?


My experiences over the past few weeks, have led me to believe that I can actually answer with the strictest confidence, "...Maybe?"

Women have always been a big mystery to me, and I've only gotten more confused the more I try to make sense of their being. Most of my friends are women, and that added contact just helps to confuse me more. I've witnessed first-hand more girl-on-girl kissing than heterosexual kissing (should i consider myself lucky? i'm lacking in the experience department sadly). I've had the pleasure of befriending more and more openly lesbian and bisexual girls, some of which have been with both girl/guy and tend to prefer girls over guys... I know this is an individual case by case basis, but a lot of people have been telling me that females have a much easier time being able to have relations with either sex, than males can.

Hey female readers of this blog, have you ever had a physical/emotional/mental attraction to your friend, perhaps best friend, who happened to also be female? Wouldn't you think it'd be awesome to be "best friends" but also reap the benefits of lovers? Is doubling your wardrobe not enticing enough? Well, why don't you? You click on basically every other level, no? Don't you think that would be the perfect kind of relationship? And at least you wouldn't have to pull a "When Harry Met Sally" performance every time you went to bed with your man... I'll leave you with that thought.

Anyways...

Let's call this a really long segway into me talking about the main subject: Jennifer's Body. From the girlpower screenplay writer Diablo Cody that brought us Juno, comes her attempt at a horror-slash-comedy dealing with that ever-dramatic, ever-complicated time in all our lives called adolescence. According to Cody, "Hell is a teenaged girl", but if you go into the theatre thinking that you'll be getting another Juno, Hell is actually sitting through Jennifer's Body.

That's why, I suggest NOT going into this movie expecting to be enthralled and captivated by a witty dialogue, fantastic acting, and a moving storyline. Instead, go with the expectation of cheese-filled one liners and girl-on-girl kissing! Jennifer's Body ain't no Juno, but it ain't bad either. I went with fun people, so I actually had a LOT of fun watching it... laughing at all the lesbian jokes. Yes, so long story short, Jennifer's Body actually appealled to the light-hearted, butch lesbian in me. I wouldn't mind watching it again actually. It made me not hate as much the uber-hyped up actress Megan Fox and actually appreciate her for her "I go both ways" kissing skills.

Pssh, girls... what flirts. No wonder I'm into guys.

3 comments:

  1. i don't care if ALL girls are bisexual. im only interested in ALL THE HOT ONES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's my comment

    .................

    that's all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok fine
    i skipped reading towards the end

    pointless entry!!
    and yes it's more acceptable for girls
    too bad for you! tough it out =p

    and noooooooooo i am not! so don't refer to me again! (kill you right now! mentally)

    ReplyDelete