Thursday, November 19, 2009

White walls and hair

Farewell vanilla white walls, and so long to the security of my long hair. I will miss thee, as its going to be hard making adjustments, but I'm betting that it shall be better days without you two in my life.

I'm painting over the white walls in my house while simultaneously trying to add colour into my life.

Its time again to cut my hair, but this time it won't grow back that easily.

If you haven't noticed already, its not really about the white walls and/or my current hairstyle.

Change.

As probable as my hair growing back (touch wood), change can just as easily revert. I'm trying to step out of the self-imposed boundaries that I find so comfortable. Its not that I'm entirely sick of myself, but its not quite the opposite either. I want to explore, put myself in situations where I will have to form an opinion, make decisions, and come to a better realization of who I really am and not who I think I am. Thoughts are cheap, but actions made without enough thought are dangerous. Thought without follow-up action makes every effort made before it worthless. I need to strike a balance between thinking and acting, because Matt likes to over-think...

So far so good, I'm liking the new wall colour... and tomorrow I shall see how I feel about my hair (if I don't like it you won't see me for three months ha!). For now, these are just two physical representations of the many small changes I have already made and the ones I still have to embody within me. What are my intentions? Overall, its to become a better person... shed the hair that is indicative of the baggage I continue to carry for myself, and to embrace the new vivid colours I have added to my life.

Before I go, let's have one last look at the old Matt:  



Bye Bye hair! See you later white walls! Adieu readers!

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting symbols to represent your current situation, Matt. I hope you learn to embrace change and to stay with it.
    Usually you'd be surprised at how change brings about a whole new perspective to life, and wonderful it is!

    Now, symbols aside, I'm glad you like the new colours of your walls, and I hope you enjoyed your new hair cut too.

    How about taking a step further, and applying to Sparrow Services today? =) They're still recruiting! hehehehe... I know.. I can't ever detach myself from work. I'm just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just shave it ALL off. Do it like Sakyamuni! Throw away all your clothes and money too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tony - hmm... how much would a novice start off with? does possessing a pretty face allow you to make more than your coworkers? if so, please direct me to a competent plastic surgeon ASAP =D

    @Fred - I did think about shaving it all off, but nothing shiny like Buddha.

    ReplyDelete